I’m at an all day conference in DC and the hubby is with the kids ALL day. Did I mention I’ll be gone ALL day ;). Here are my thoughts on all day conferences as I sit here feeding the robot.
– investing in good under eye concealer was money well spent
– pump and dump all day means a massive caffiene infusion
– it also means adult beverages at lunch!! Woohoo!
– I never thought I’d be quite this excited for a day without spit up
– I forgot how the pump used to talk to me. Does anyone elses talk to them or should I commit myself to the loony bib now?
– I really hope the baby does ok with bottles all day
– and lastly, I really REALLY hope the hubby appreciates me now.
I know I swore up and down that I was going to post more and I had every intention of doing so but then I started to drown in spit up. I never knew babies could spit up like this. With Sophie, people would ask me if she spat up and I would say yeah, don’t all babies? I was WRONG. Seriously, Amelia has the ability to cover every square inch in spit up. Every surface is covered in burp clothes and I honestly don’t know why I even bother putting on clean clothes. And the distance! If projectile vomiting was an Olympic sport, we’d all be crying as they played the national anthem. She’s still in our room because at night she chokes on it and I’m too nervous to have her be down the hall. Oh and she smells like sour milk all the time. It’s awesome. Doctor says she has an immature valve that causes the reflux (aka projectile spewing) and there is nothing they can do except wait it out. She shows none of the symptoms of acid reflux (aside from the spitting up) and doesn’t ever appear to be in pain so none of the meds will help.
While treading spit up I have declared several things that someone in charge should change about babyhood
– toenails should not grow until the child is capable of cutting them him/herself. Sophie still doesn’t like to have me cut her toenails and frankly I’m tired of dealing with her weekly pedicure. I haven’t even tried to do the baby’s yet.
– babies should not be allowed to grow out of one containment device until they fit into another. Amelia’s knees are hanging over the edge of the bouncy seat but she still doesn’t have enough head control for the bumpo. What am I supposed to do? I need a baby jail.
Anyone else have a projectile spewer? How long till it got better?
This was the scene at pre-school pick up earlier this week:
Soph was playing on a little snowbank with one of her friends for a little bit. When it was time to leave I called for her. She didn’t come. I called for her again. She didn’t come. I told her I was going to count to 3 or I would come and get her. I said “one…two…” And from 10 feet away, she says ‘3’ and flashes me what is sure to become her f-you smile.
The other mom standing with me laughs (thanks for the support) and I walk over to her. Before walking to the car I gave my standard reminder that we were in a parking lot and she needed to hold my hand. As we get to the car she tries to run away. In my best mom voice I say “this is your warning, make a good choice” (side note: a bad choice leads to time out and she knows this. Time out is always in the corner of whichever room we are in).
She turns around and says to me “there are no time out corners outside mommy”
I so wanted to put her in time out for being a smart ass! According to my mother, I deserved that and everything she’ll thow at me in the future
I stole this from A’Dell (ya, I linked to her earlier in the week but she’s really that cool)
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I sold my house. This might not sound like much but it is no easy feat having your house on the market with a 20 month old. AND we sold it in 4 days for over asking…SCORE! I also bought an SUV. I now have that and a prius in my driveway. And the big one…I became a stay at home mom. Pretty darn scary…and awesome at the same time.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolution last year was to fit into my wedding dress again, in honor of my 5th anniversary. This didn’t happen, what with getting pregnant and all. My resolutions this year are much less specific. I want to just make better/healthier choices. In the past I’ve let my indecision make my decisions. If that makes any sense.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
oh my goodness yes! I’m not even going to begin to list everyone but the two most exciting births were my SIL and mine 😉
4. Did anyone close to you die?
For the first year in a while, no
5. What countries did you visit?
We went to Cancun on a cruise but I don’t think it really counts since we were only there for 3 hrs or so.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Hard one, there were plenty of times that in hindsight I wasn’t the best mom I could be to Sophie. I’m working on my patience.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Aside from some insane morning sickness in April, nope
11. What was the best thing you bought?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Pretty much all of it went into the new house. We over-extended ourselves for now and are hoping the hubby gets a promotion at work in the next year or two. Of course now that they’ve frozen all the salaries of federal workers that most likely isn’t going to happen.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
We went on a great trip for our 5th anniversary, bought an awesome house, and had a baby. God, this is getting repetitively boring.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Happier: WAAAAAAYY happier, no question. For too many reasons to list
Fatter: I’ve got an 8 week old, nuff said
Both: We’re house poor right now but someday we’re going to have a ton of money. Plus the whole me not working thing has caused us to tighten up. We can afford it, I just hate taking money OUT of savings…even though we saved it specifically for this purpose. Stupid I know
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I fell in love with the toddler Sophie. Seriously, watching a baby become a person is awe inspiring. I fell in love with my husband on a whole new level because he had to do a lot more care-taking of me and parenting of Soph. And of course I instantly fell in love with my new little bundle. And with Ben and Jerry’s chocolate therapy ice cream paired with a spicy red zin. (yes, I do ice cream and wine pairings and I see nothing wrong with that)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
New house, new car, new job (SAHM)
Hubby, having 30 something episodes of Mickey’s Clubhouse on DVR.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Been missing my grandpa since 2002 and don’t think I’ll ever stop. He was a great man
35. Who was the best new person you met?
My neighbor who is another not-crazy mom. NCM’s are hard to find these days.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Whatever moment I’m in, be truly in it. There is no such thing as a work-life balance. When at work, be there; when at home, really be there. I worked hard this year at putting down my phone and actually playing with Sophie. She’s more fun then F.acebook anyway
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
That crumble you down to your knees.
That brought you to this place
Changing you by degrees…
When change was just what you needed…
What you needed…
I’m still working on a 2010 post and hopefully I’ll get it up before I have to start working on my 2011 one but first I need some advice and the internet is the best place.
After Sophie was born my OB gave me a script for the mini pill but I never filled it. And then I ended up being the infertility urban legend. Now I know that the odds of it happening again are slim to none but the thought of 3 kids under 3 makes me cringe.
I’m leaning towards an IUD, mostly because I don’t want to think about it. Now here is where I ask you all if you’ve got one and what do you think. I didn’t know there where different types. M.irena scares me because it is hormonal and the pill made me crazy. Seriously crazy. I went off it right after we got married and I seriously can not believe hubby agreed to marry me when I was that insane. The other one (that starts with a P, can’t remember the name right now) has side effects in 10% of women. I keep having to remind myself that means 90% have no problem at all.
So make my decision for me. My OB gave my a rx for the mini pill saying if I had problems with that I’d also have problems with the Mi.rena. Totally makes sense but I’m actually scared about the potential crazies. Which kinda makes me think I’ve made my decision…
Anyway, bring on the assvice 😉