That’s me today…and that’s pretty much how this post reads. I’m bulleting so I can get everything out easiest.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE my RE. Seriously. And I know I shouldn’t announce my love for him this much since he does get all up in my business and there’s a possibility he impregnated me (as an aside, I so want to get this shirt if I get pregnant). On Sunday he called to see if I had any questions following the IUI. Monday morning I emailed him a few of my questions. He called back a few hours later and then after leaving me a voicemail, replied to all of my questions via email. I am going to start expecting this responsiveness from all my doctors! True, I pay him a bit more than a regular ol doc, but I’m still impressed.
- My questions were all about our next cycle (for my mental health, I need to keep moving forward and thinking of plan b). I thought we had a pretty sucky response to the cl.omid and folli.stim. He didn’t think just one follicle was a bad thing. I want to be slightly more aggressive and he is thinking Cl.omid again, but this time with Fo.llistom on CD 5 and 7, instead of 9. Not sure what I’m thinking. I need to ask him a few more questions. My biggest concerns are that we only have 6 IUI’s covered lifetime. And pie in the sky thinking, I’d like to have 2 kids. Which brings me to my next point…(and brings out the Hyde)
- Why on earth do people seem to think I should only have 1 child? Just because I’m infertile am I not entitled to that american dream of 2.4 kids and the picket fence? Don’t get me wrong, I will be beyond thrilled if I have a child but am I supposed to completely give up my dream of a large family? When I’ve mentioned this lifetime benefit and our plan for 2 children, two different people have expressed shock that we would want more than one child.
- Not sure how I’m going to handle the whole dr thing. I want to walk that fine line between successfully advocating for myself and respecting his knowledge and opinions. It’s a pet peeve of mine when my clients or parents of students don’t walk that line with me and I do not want to be the name in his inbox that causes him to cringe (since I have more than a few of those)
- my freaking boobs! They HURT! Not quite as much as last month’s chemical but still more than any other cycle. I know, I know, it’s the meds. At this point, if it’s not a pregnancy symptom, I don’t want to deal with it. I don’t need another part of my body with bruises on it.
Ok, ranting over. Any assvice on the meds or anything else is welcome. And thanks for putting up with me
We got the letter today from our insurance company saying that they won’t approve an IUI with C.lomid and injectibles…they’ll only approve C.lomid. I need to double check our plan but they are saying that do not approve any injectible IUI cycles. Which makes no sense to me. Technically we hit their criteria to be able to go straight to IVF (2+ years trying) which would cost them a lot more money than this little IUI. Since we aren’t going to do the IUI until October we’ve got some time to fight with them. I’m not going to be holding my breath though.
We also got the car tax bill today too. yeah…
Aside from all that we had a great weekend. Met some friends in Georgetown and had a 3 hour lunch in the basement of Pizza P.aradiso. We were there with some beer lovers and they’ve got such an amazing selection of beer on tap. Needless to say neither of us could drive home after lunch. We ended up walking over to D.umbarton Oaks and walking through the gardens. I had never been but it was beautiful! I definitely want to go back there sometime. It was such a peaceful place.
Dinner tonight with the DC Stirrup Queens–I’m so excited about it!