My brain is all over the place today. Here’s just a small sampling. And just a warning, there’s one WAY TMI question, it’s last so feel to skip it if you don’t want to know that much about me.
– the sports bra trick is no longer as effective as it used to be. Today I went down the stairs too quickly and ouch! Makes me mad that it’s just pr.ometrium.
– while we’re talking about pr.ometrium. I f-ing hate it. I must have gotten lucky last time around and it didn’t mess with my mood. But now I’m borderline clinical. I swear, I wouldn’t get dressed at all if Mr H didn’t need to be constantly entertained. Being off work definitely doesn’t help. I’ve got nothing to take my mind off of every little twinge.
– When I logged onto y.ahoo this morning, they had a piece about this preacher that has come up with (and is of course selling) the Adam and Eve diet. I am not posting a link because I do not want to give this anymore attention than it has already gotten. Seriously people?!?!? Of course their diet was healthier, there was nothing fried, no doughnuts, breads, candy, soda, chips, cookies, etc, etc. They probably ate nuts, berries, and the occasional small animal they managed to catch. Oh, and don’t forget about the fruit! I just hate how people package up the same recommendations in different ways to make money and the fact that this preacher has wrapped it into a religious context irks me even more. I’ve been ranting about this all day long to just about anyone who’ll listen. Thanks for being a captive audience.
– so you may remember yesterday when I posted I was up for 2 hours with really weird cramping. I made the unfortunate mistake of giving my kitty some lovin‘. So this morning, at 4:13 I felt a cold little nose rubbing mine purring. Very cute, but I was very much asleep. I felt really bad kicking him out of the room. I was then up for the next 2 hours wondering why I didn’t have those weird intense cramps anymore. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t
– ok, here’s the tmi question. It’s for all you ladies who’ve used the f-ing pr.ometrium suppositories. They cause me to get quite….um….irritated. I’ve got all these little, painful bumps down there. Last time I freaked out and called the dr, thinking I had somehow gotten some random disease from the actual iui. I’ve tried changing the pantiliner more often, ‘freshening up’ more often. I even went a little more daring in my last bikini wax but I think that made it worse. Any tips, advice, assvice….anything? It really freakin hurts. Plus, I’m vain and I made myself Ok with having a moldy looking cooch but it is completely different story when you’ve got a moldy cooch with sore-like things on it. Nasty. If I had the slightest interest in sex, it’s loooong gone.
Counting down the days until vacay is over, haven’t crossed half of the things off the to-do list…but I have taken plenty of naps!
This is like torture…seriously. I completely get how spies break once they get sleep deprived. And I think I’m turning into a narcoleptic or something. This morning I get up, shower, put my bathrobe on, and sit down on the bed to get dressed. And then I wake up an hour and half later…beyond late for work. But at least I finally slept a little. I think the only reason I woke was that my cat was readjusting (because his comfort is paramount) and sat on my face. The whole sucking fur thing wakes you right up.
Still coming down with a bit of a cold but I think I’m fighting it off. Hoping all my stupid side effects start to die down now that I’m done with that nasty C.lomid. Ultrasound tomorrow at 7:30, I just want one on each side…that’s not too greedy is it??
I’ve been following the “if you don’t have anything nice to say…” rule lately. This round of C.lomid has turned me into a raging bitch. I have never had this short a fuse in my entire life. But, it’s been a busy couple of days.
We ended up bailing on the concert on Thursday. My lack of sleep for the last 4 nights plus Mr H thinking he was getting that stomach bug kept us in. It ended up being a really good night though, we spent some quality time just hanging out.
Friday we grabbed dinner and it was “Bring your adorable 18 month old to Ber.tucci’s night”. Out fault for trying to grab an early dinner (still not sleeping at all here). Then, later that night, I was upset when doing my F.ollistim and shot a bunch out before injecting it. I was pissed about that. Then, we had a really long, kind crappy conversation all brought about by the fact that we are not in the same place regarding IVF and adoption. We’ve still got time before we need to make those decisions. I’m in info gathering mode right now. In the end, it was good that we started the discussion and Mr H does need to know that I’m not 100% sold on IVF.
Saturday I worked in the morning then we drove up to NY for my friend’s 30th birthday party. Her husband took 20 of us to N.obu. Fan-freakin–tastic is pretty much all I can say. What sucked was that I was on day 4 of C.lomid and hadn’t slept in those 4 days. I can NOT do this drug again. Between the headaches and the night sweats, I don’t sleep at all. But it was a great, fun dinner and I’m glad we made the drive up. Being on the train back to Long Island at 1 am with a bunch of drunk 15 year old boys wasn’t fun (who gives alcohol to these kids….I still get carded) but the highlight was when I got picked up by one of those young lads! Mr H went to get the car since it was sleeting and I had pointy, fun shoes on. There was just me and this one kid standing there waiting for rides. After pacing around, and without looking at me, he asks, “So, where you going…cuz my mom can totally give you a ride if you want…or something”. Not sure if that’s good for the ego or not. I totally burst his bubble when I said my husband was getting the car.
Today we went and saw my nieces for a bit since we were in NY and then came back home. I’m trying to fight off a cold but am completely failing since I can’t sleep. (can you tell I’m really freaking tired). Tonight was my last C.lomid and I am SO glad. I’ve got my ultrasound on Tuesday and I’m guessing they’ll be another shot of F.ollistim that night.
Still catching up with weekend posts. Oh…and my bloglines is completely messed up, so sorry if I missed you. Over the school break I’m going to make the switch to reader and update my blogroll here…I promise!!
Thanks for the support yesterday. I think sometimes I minimize things (like saying its just IUI) as a way to protect myself. But you’re all right. I do need to recognize that what we’re doing is a big deal and allow myself to feel everything I’m feeling.
Two quick things. First, last cycle I didn’t have any Clom.id side effects until day 3. Not anymore! Took my first pill at 8:30 last night and by midnight I was having night sweats. Totally sucks. I can handle the hot flashes (in fact its so cold at work I kind of want one) but those night flashes are going to be the death of me. I’m a bad sleeper lately anyway and waking up 3-4 times in a pool of sweat does not help matters. Ok, second thing. In the shower this morning I found stretch marks on my boobs! Which means I was not imagining those symptoms last cycle. But it still sucks…to get stretch marks when I can’t even get pregnant.
Going to to go the C.arbonleaf concert tonight (might need a powernap when I get home first). There’s a song on their most recent album, “Love, Loss, Hope, Repeat” that just sums up all this cycling crap. I hope they play it.
When having C.lomid inspired hot flashes….do NOT bring soup for lunch. I’m such an idiot! I’ve now locked my office door and am sitting in a tank top for a few minutes.
Must scrounge up something else to eat